- Remind101 is a free way for teachers to safely and cheaply (it’s free) send text messages to parents. At the time of this writing, they announce they were in 30K schools – which is just crazy.
- Everyone’s phone numbers stay private, so kids won’t call you at home
- People can choose to get emails instead of texts
- A complete log of message
- No way for central office to monitor or review messages (can this be right?).
- Just one way communications – students/parents can’t respond
- Celly is like Remind101, but students can respond
- Back and forth communication
- Text, email, and web
- Might be deadpooled / not maintained
- Set up a class Facebook page
- If you Tweet, consider mirroring your tweets onto your Facebook page.
Smartphone-only based solutions:
- Dash is an iPhone app to track basic student performance and, most importantly, remind you to call parents:
- Class Messenger
Edshelf has the definitive collection of Group Communication EdTech tools. Go there!