I deal with more PTAs and PTOs than most people. Being a pretty hard core software geek, one of things I love is seeing the different ways these groups use technology to make their lives easier – probably with varying degrees of success.
All of the software I’ve observed is web based, and seems to solve one, of three, broad problems. The first problem is that of simply creating and maintaining a website for the PTA. The second is that of making it easier for parents to buy and pay for things. Lastly, there are tools to help coordinate volunteers.
Don’t take the categories too seriously. Many of these cross over. Just Between Friends, for example, allows for payments.
After-School Registration Software
- Just Between Friends – Membership management
- Digital PTO – PTO/PTA websites
- Org Sites – For non-profit sites
- Wiki Spaces – generic site maker
- WordPress, Google Site, & Yahoo
- My Website Tools
- Pay 4 Stuff Online – buy stuff and organize classes